About Sequal Consulting
Sequal Consulting is a full-service strategic communications firm based in Pittsburgh, PA. We combine our years of campaign experience with an unwavering commitment to social and economic justice. We help our clients raise their visibility, sharpen their message, share their stories with new audiences, and advance their vision for a more just society. We serve a large segment of Pennsylvania’s progressive non-profit community, including several labor unions, as well as statewide and national community and environmental organizations.
Sequal Consulting is looking for a digital organizer to join our growing team. The person in this position will work primarily with our labor union and community organization clients to ensure that they are effectively using digital platforms to organize members and activists and help meet their campaign goals. The digital organizer plays an integral role in augmenting our clients’ on-the-ground organizers. This person will be responsible for identifying and developing organizing contacts, with a particular focus on moving supporters from online to offline engagement.
We view digital organizing broadly and therefore this position requires someone who is passionate, with a versatile skill set, and a willingness to try new tools and techniques to tell the story of a campaign. A background in organizing and social media advertising and management is strongly preferred.
What you’ll do at Sequal:
- Develop comprehensive digital organizing strategies that recruit online activists and leaders, deepen their engagement in meaningful action, and ultimately move them to offline action.
- Create content, including graphics and short videos, for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter that grows the base of support for a campaign.
- Deepen supporters’ sense of identity and involvement with client campaigns, including both online and offline engagement
- Create and run A/B tests for emails, ads, and text messages as appropriate; analyze the performance of ads, emails, and text messages, and adjust content and strategies accordingly, as well as when needed to respond to breaking news
- Perform uploads to email database and facilitating email campaign list selection and segmentation testing and strategy
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of the campaign
Support clients to leverage and grow their digital programs
What we need to see in you:
- Commitment to understanding race, class, gender, and other equity issues as part of your work as well as the impact these structural issues have on our collective work environment
- Some professional experience in field or online organizing, political campaigns and/or public relations and marketing
- Previous experience having managed at least one fully executed digital organizing campaign and the ability to mentor others in digital organizing skills
- Some experience with Facebook Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, WordPress, BlueStateDigital, NGP VAN / EveryAction, and/or other advocacy platforms
- Proficiency in the strategic use of social media platforms as well as social media management systems (i.e. Buffer, Hootsuite)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to receive and integrate performance-based feedback into ongoing work plans as well as the ability to provide relevant and timely feedback to peers in a constructive manner
- Experience creating graphics and content for social media; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred; (extensive design experience is not required)
- Experience collecting and publishing video content; especially personal stories
- Deep understanding of messaging across audiences with an ability to match content and tone accordingly;
- Knowledge of video editing a major plus.
- A detail-oriented personality and the ability to juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- An understanding that clients often expect immediate responsiveness, regardless of whether or not you’re “on the clock”
- Starting salary range is $40,000 to $45,000, commensurate with experience.
- Sequal offers an IRA with company match and a flexible vacation policy.
What to send:
- Cover letter and résumé
- Examples of past work
- Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sequal Consulting is committed to building a more diverse social justice movement. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.